Please Do Not Play god And Select Players Out Of Position – And Then …

A note to myself - When criticizing someone else be careful for it will come back and bite you in the back. A lot of criticism is expressed when selectors and scouts try to force players into a position he is either not used to or haven't played at, in a long time. In my own words "Trying to play god in the future of the player".

This year's draft is in its first round and already our experts are making a few surprising selections. Why? Because money is involved and to buy Mark Snyman out of position for a bargain remains a wonderful feeling. Sies Charl. The right wing selections are in and AGAIN ..........

Quagga summarised the whole situation as follows: "A blogger made the comment that many on the list below are not blindside flankers. I agree. Have a look at the description of a blindside flanker, our #7 jersey, by All Black legend Zinzan Brooke. From a South African perspective in my view the typical blindside flankers that come to mind are Willem Alberts, Andre Venter and Danie Rossouw. A think we have some excellent young schoolboy prospects this year like Marcel Theunissen (Grey College), Jaco Labushagne (Affies), Liam van den Berg (Helpmekaar), Cristen Kwagga van Niekerk (Monument), Theunis Muller (Marais Viljoen), Edward Loubsher (Glenwood), Lehan du Toit (Helpmekaar) and Franco van Wyk (Transvalia) that fit the role well. Some of the other players drafted, as per the list below, although all exceptionally talented, are better suited in other roles in my view, but I'll come to that when Ruggas Coza deal with those positions. Obviously, as for all U19 boys, these are not yet grown men and their positions on the field may change as their bodies mature."

Leave a Reply